Tulsa Rotary’s First 100 Years
In 2015, the club celebrated its first 100 years since its charter in 1915. As its official centennial project, the Rotary Club of Tulsa dedicated a $1 million gift of public art on Williams Center Green. Five bronze sculptures by noted artists Jay O’Meilia and David Nunneley reside on a granite plaza, located at 3rd and Boston. The pieces reflect the role of Rotary in Tulsa and around the world and serve as a downtown gathering place during lunch times and downtown festivals. The centennial celebration included the book Celebrate! 100 Years of Rotary Tulsa by Rotarians Jerry Cornelius and Tim Colwell, a Rotary Centennial Salute video by Tulsa historian and videographer Jack Frank, and a Centennial Gala, featuring honored guest, Rotary notables and superlative entertainment.
Rotary Plaza on Williams Center Green is a $1 million gift of public art celebrating the role of Rotary in Tulsa and around the world. It’s located in downtown Tulsa, at 3rd and Boston. It was dedicated in 2012.
The Rotary Centennial Gala was held 100 years to the day of the chartering of our club in 1915. Close to 500 members, families and honored guests help celebrate. Past Rotary International President Wilf Wilkinson and Governor Mary Fallin provided special congratulations and guests enjoyed a variety of musical entertainment. A dvd of the Gala can be purchased at the discounted rate of $25 by contacting the Rotary office.
Celebrate! 100 Years of Rotary in Tulsa is a 164-page, hardboard pictorial history was introduced at the end of Rotary’s centennial observance. Written by Rotarians Jerry L. Cornelius and Tim Colwell, the coffee table book features many never-before published photos from the Beryl Ford/Rotary Club of Tulsa Collection and the Meyers and Jerry Cornelius Archives. The book may be viewed at branches of the Tulsa City-County Library, or can be purchased at the discounted rate of $50 by contacting the Rotary office.