In 2011, Rotary Club of Tulsa provided leadership and resources to sponsor a new community-based Rotaract club in Tulsa. With a membership of young professionals between 18 to 30 year olds, the Rotaract Club of Tulsa meets monthly at different locations in the Tulsa area. In addition to this, they perform a regularly scheduled monthly service project with many different organizations, including, but not limited to: Rebuilding Together Tulsa, Gatesway Foundation, Salvation Army, etc.. They also put on an annual fundraiser, with all proceeds benefiting aforementioned non-profit organizations. Rotaract meets twice a month at Lefty’s on Greenwood.
For more information, contact Club President Daniel Brunson. Visit their Facebook or Eventbrite pages to see any planned upcoming activities. If you are interested in joining or attending a meeting, please complete this form, expressing your interest or email, TulsaRotaract@gmail.com.
Rotaract clubs organize a variety of projects and activities, depending primarily on the interests of the club members. However, within the Rotaract program, all clubs undertake three types of activities in varying degrees: professional development, leadership development and service projects.
The goals of Rotaract are:
- To develop professional and leadership skills;
- To emphasize respect for the rights of others, based on recognition of the worth of each individual;
- To recognize the dignity and value of all usefull occupations as opportunities to serve;
- To recognize, practice and promote ethical standards as leadership qualities and vocational responsibilities;
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the needs, problems and opportunities in the community and worldwide;
- To provide opportunities for personal and group activities to serve the community and promote international understanding and goodwill toward all people.