2. Personally Identifying Information. The term “personally identifying information” (“PII”) means any information that may be used to identify a specific individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address, an email address or other contact information, whether at work or at home. In general, you can visit this Site without telling us who you are or revealing any PII about yourself; provided, however, the ROTARY CLUB OF TULSA may collect PII when you provide it to us through an online registration or e-mail form or at other times, such as if you apply for a job or choose to sign up for an e-mail newsletter or other update. For example, we may collect your name, address, telephone number(s), and e-mail address when you provide us with that information, when you request information from us, or contact us. We also may collect information about your job history and experience and your education when you submit your application for employment with the ROTARY CLUB OF TULSA on or through this Site.
If you choose not to provide the PII that we may request, you can still visit the ROTARY CLUB OF TULSA’s web sites, but you may be unable to access certain options and services that involve our interaction with you.
A “web beacon” is a small graphic image that allows the party that set the web beacon to monitor and collect certain information about the viewer of the web page, web-based document or e-mail message, such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, the IP address of the computer that the web beacon is sent to and the time the web beacon was viewed. Web beacons can be very small and invisible to the user, but, in general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page or e-mail, including HTML based content, can act as a web beacon. the ROTARY CLUB OF TULSA may use web beacons to count visitors to the web pages on our web sites or to monitor how our users navigate those sites, and we may include web beacons or similar technologies in e-mail messages in order to count how many messages sent were actually opened or acted upon.
When you visit this Site, the ROTARY CLUB OF TULSA may collect automatically certain usage information, such as Internet domain and host names; Internet protocol (IP) addresses; browser software and operating system types; “clickstream” patterns; and dates and times that this Site is accessed. We may associate your IP address with the PII you provide.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you may need to re-enter your user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of this Site.
4. How the ROTARY CLUB OF TULSA Uses Information Collected. We may use the PII that we collect online to respond to your questions and information requests, and, if you specifically agree, to send you other materials, including marketing and promotion materials.
We also may use information, including PII, to improve our efforts, to statistically analyze usage of our web site, and to improve the content and offerings on our site. We also may use your PII to deliver content that is customized to your interests as we best understand them from the information that you have provided to us and from your activities on our web site. In pursuit of these goals, we may combine non-PII collected through cookies and other tracking technologies with PII you have voluntarily submitted.
The ROTARY CLUB OF TULSA is not in the business of selling PII to others. The ROTARY CLUB OF TULSA does or may share or disclose information that you provide us to other companies and people with your consent or under the circumstances described below. The ROTARY CLUB OF TULSA may analyze or disclose aggregated information that does not identify our users to third parties for other purposes.
We also may share user information with our subsidiaries, affiliates, and business partners and service providers. These third parties may provide you information, products, or services on our behalf.
The ROTARY CLUB OF TULSA may transfer and disclose information about its web site users, including PII, and may use IP addresses to identify users in cooperation with internet service providers or law enforcement agencies, to comply with a legal obligation, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our web site and applicable laws, or to protect the legal rights, interests, or safety of our web site, our users or others.
5. Employment Information. If you express an interest in employment with the ROTARY CLUB OF TULSA through our web site, we will use your PII to evaluate your candidacy, and we may use your PII to contact you and others that you have identified on your application, including without limitation past employers, references and educational institutions, regarding your suitability. We may also collect information provided about, without limitation, your job history, experience, and education, when you submit a resume or application for employment to the ROTARY CLUB OF TULSA on or through our web site. We also may ask you to submit information that will confirm your eligibility to work under relevant local immigration or employment laws.
6. Updating Your Information and Choices. Where we collect PII from you online, our goal is to provide you with a means of contacting the ROTARY CLUB OF TULSA, should you need to update or correct that Information. If, for any reason, those means are unavailable or inaccessible, you may send updates and corrections about your PII to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will make reasonable efforts to incorporate the changes in your PII that we hold as soon as possible.
8. International Users. This Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information that you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using this Site or providing us with your information online, you consent to this transfer.